About T&P Cell
Training and Placement Cell is an integral part of the institute and is provided complete infrastructure and human resources support for effective functioning of the cell. Training activities are organized throughout the year in an effort towards preparing the prospective students for the campus selection. Training and Placements of students is the primary function of the department. It also takes initiative for developing right attitudes, soft skills, motivating our students to have strong technical as well as analytical capabilities and exposing them to the requirements of corporate world and helping them in their professional careers.
The T&P cell is headed by a full-time Training & Placement officer (TPO) with responsibilities such as arranging 'On-Campus' and 'Off Campus' Placements, In-house trainings, Industrial visits for both students and faculty, Sponsored Project work, and Career guidance programs.
The major objectives of the T&P cell are focused on targeting overall development through following programs -
- Seminars and Workshops
- Industrial Visits
- Guest Lectures by experts from Industry, Research and Academic Institutes
- Career Guidance Camps
- Personality Development Classes
- Training for Aptitude Tests
- Mock Tests and Interviews
- Group Discussions
- Training on Technical Skills like Java, Dot Net, Oracle Auto CAD and others
TO DELIVER THE ABOVE IN AN EFFECTIVE MANNER WE HAVE MOU WITH SOME TOP COMPANIES LIKE
- Infosys through its Campus Connect program to train students on technical skills and soft skill.
- Tie-up with Microsoft for Microsoft IT Academy which makes WCE an authorized partner to train students of WCE on all the latest technology with Microsoft curriculum.
- MOU with John Deere to train students on all the Embeded Systems Technologies.
- MOU with IBM, NVIDIA, EMC2 to offer training to students on their Infrastructure Storage Management.
- Accredited by TCS, for Campus Recruitment.
- Accreditation for Infosys, Wipro Technologies, Mahindra and Mahindra and others is in process.
The cell keeps on inviting various industries and reputed firms for campus recruitment. Reputed industrial houses across the country visit our institute regularly for the campus recruitment. The placement cell coordinates well with the corporate sector and provides well-developed infrastructure to facilitate the campus selection programs. The cell maintains a very cordial relationship with all the recruiting industries and also prepares the recruited candidates to face the competitive world. Training and Placement cell has organized several joint campuses for companies like Accenture, Capgemini, Persistent, Wipro, Tech Mahindra and many more to help them meet the requirement of large number of engineers.
Training and Placement Cell organized 60 hours of compulsory training on Campus recruitment preparations for more than 250 students. As a result large number of students were placed in Tier-1 Multi-national and national companies during this year.
In 1947, WCE was founded in Sangli with just over 120 students. Today, it has more than 4,000 students taking various courses in Engineering and Technology. We create opportunities not just for young minds to learn, but also for them to experience the fulfillment that comes from sharing this learning with others. At WCE, we are always focused on delivering education that will help create the leaders of tomorrow’s world – our students will not just be successful in their individual capacities, but will in turn, contribute to and nurture the world they live in.
Chairman, Administrative Council.